A Climate Change Manager (CCM) will need a comprehensive knowledge base to deliver a Climate Change Action Plan. The CCM fundamentals course will cover the basic environmental and energy topics that a Climate Change Action Plan will require. A CCM will need to not only understand the carbon emissions of an organisation and how to manage them. But also, how to communicate these messages with everyone from the board to those on the shop floor to explain why these changes are essential. The course will cover various subjects such as relevant regulations and legislation, the science behind the carbon reductions targets, and what the targets mean. This course also includes technical and behaviour change skills required to reduce your organisation’s emissions.
Topics covered Legislation and regulation
- How to formulate a company policy and strategy on carbon reduction
- Carbon Reduction Targets and what they mean
- Managing Capital Expenditure and FM contracts
- Transport and the transition to electric vehicles
- Devising and running a Behaviour Change programme