About the job
The role is to work within this multi-faceted client’s Sustainability team as an Associate Sustainability Consultant within their Property Management division. The role will form a key part of their 20 strong Sustainability consulting team. The principle deliverables will be to provide sustainability reporting support, specifically on Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) reporting, Task Force for Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD), Greenhouse Gas (GHG) reporting, sustainability performance reporting, plus strategic sustainability strategy support, and ESG advisory for our client’s real estate portfolios, working with surveyors and site teams to lead on strategic deliverables and grow strong client relationships.
The Sustainability team forms part of our Energy & Sustainability Hub, which brings together expertise from multiple disciplines across our clients portfolio to create a best in class service for their clients. The role will be able to work closely with the Engineering & Design Consultancy, Energy Bureau, Energy Infrastructure, Research and Operations teams.
The successful candidate should have a holistic knowledge of sustainability and wider environmental, social and governance issues for the built environment. This should include experience in sustainability reporting and strategy.
An experienced Sustainability consultant is required to provide services including but not limited to;
- Oversee and deliver client sustainability reporting for GRESB, TCFD, GHG emissions reporting, sustainability performance reporting and any other sustainability reporting frameworks and benchmarks as required.
- Act as point of contact and project interface for external consultancy teams managing GRESB, Environmental Management Reporting, and other sustainability reporting.
- Provide sustainability reporting expertise across the full range of our skill lines including occupier, investor and sector specific markets.
- Manage, drive, coordinate and champion new innovations in sustainability projects which may include template development, process improvements, quality and accuracy improvements.
- Drive and support environment and sustainability business growth with a broad base of investor and occupier clients.
- Deliver training materials, client engagement and communications.
- Gather, interpret and define data gaps; carry out normalisation and benchmarking.
- Validate and analyse large data sets.
- Communicate through formal presentations and informal interactions with clients and staff.
- Contribute to the maintenance, development, communication and implementation of sustainability standards within the Sustainability team.
- Have experience at delivering both financial and technical management of key fee earning services, ideally the preferred candidate will also have business development experience.
The successful candidate should have a holistic knowledge of sustainability with a particular emphasis on sustainability reporting. In addition, the candidate will have a strong analytical skills and an understanding of emerging areas in sustainability such as wellbeing, social value and climate resilience.
Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- Technical knowledge of Sustainability Reporting and Strategy.
- Knowledge and experience of applying sustainability in the property sector.
- Completely IT literate, numerate and experienced with data analysis with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to validate and analyse large data sets in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong attention to detail and produces work to a high, consistent and accurate standard.
- Ability to develop lasting and effective relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Customer orientated – ability to be client facing, excellent communicator and presenter.
- Highly motivated individual – with drive for self-development.
- Excellent time management – for role with high variety to suit a proficient multi-tasker. Can deliver work under pressure and to fixed deadlines.
- Resourceful team worker, with ability to be autonomous in certain specialist fields.
- An evident passion for Sustainability.
- Good English, grammar, spelling and document checking skills.
- BSc Degree in Sustainability or equivalent.
- Familiarity with GRESB reporting requirements.
- Understanding of Sustainability reporting and benchmarking assessments.
- Property sector specific experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience within a Sustainability field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to innovate and develop bespoke solutions for data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to independently prepare findings reports and presentations.
- Experience of working with sustainability data, including knowledge of energy, water, waste & carbon.
- Completely IT literate with high level of competence in Microsoft Excel, including the ability to create complex formulas.
- MSc or MEng in Sustainability or equivalent.
- Working towards a professional qualification IEMA or similar.
- At least 5 years’ experience within a fee earning Sustainability field.
- Experience of developing Science Based Targets/ Scope 3 assessment/ Life-Cycle emissions report/ Impact Reporting.
To apply for this position, please send a CV and covering letter to Isaak@climatechangeprofessionals.co.uk
Client is Disability Confident Committed Employer.
Client is an accredited Living Wage Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to Isaak@climatechangeprofessionals.co.uk